Tuesday 12 April 2016

Unsuccessful Shoots

While shooting my final film I had various issues. The first major issue i had was with the camera lens. Due to me wanting to use low key lighting, it meant i had to alter the cameras settings to accommodate for that environment. My first attempt filming resulted in the footage being too dark, and due to the aperture not being able to go any wider than it was, i had to increase the ISO. While this resulted in the right lighting, the footage was very grainy, with the whole film having an orange hue. This was using the Canon 600D's default lens, so i had to instead use another lens which had a high enough aperture that it could film in the environment.

The second lens i used was a 50mil, and while able to shoot in low key lighting, it's default zoom was too tight that i couldn't get the required shots. Due to me filming inside a house with relatively small rooms this made filming difficult. Another issue was its size. I didn't have access to a tripod at the time. and i was finding it difficult to execute steady shots hand held. These factors resulted in the footage being too zoomed in and also shaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment